Oriental medicines have used energy-based systems for more than two thousands years. The Life energy is the current of nature, which gives the human being its life. It is called « Prana » in Ayurveda and « Qi » in Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Polarity was developed by Dr Randolph Stone, a chiropractor, naturopath and osteopath. He established a system of therapy based on the knowledge of the human being and the principle of life. After decades of practices and study of Ayurveda in India and Traditional Chinese Medicine, he came to the conclusion that the only one true disease is the disturbance or blockage of the flow of Life energy. He believed that all pain and illness is a manifestation of energy imbalance.
Polarity refers to the concept that there are opposite poles to everything in the universe. The body has positive, neutral and negative poles through which the Life energy flows. When the opposite poles are equal in strength, it creates a condition of balance, that we call health and well-being. Negative emotions, mental outbursts, emotional or physical traumas, habitual negative thought patterns, or suppressed emotions can slow or block the flow of energy. The result will be pain, tension, and a weakening of the system, which will leave the body open to attack.
Polarity therapy can re-establish the proper energy flow. When this happens, the body automatically returns to its natural state of balance, what we call health. Life is harmony, balance and motion.
The polarity practitioner evaluates the pattern and performs different manipulations in order to unblock and rebalance energy flow. Sometimes a gentle rocking can be combined to help release physical tension patterns and encourage the energy to move. The touch can become deeper, more penetrating, to break up chronic and deep congestion in the tissue and revitalize the area.
What Should I expect from a Polarity Therapy session?
- The treatment is 60 minutes long.
- You remain clothed.
- A polarity treatment is deeply relaxing and can lead to physical or emotional release.
- The therapist’s hands are placed on different body parts in order to establish polarity connexions. The touch can be light or deep; and fast or slow moving.
- You will be asked for feedback during the session.
- Polarity is a drug-less healing and can coexist with other forms of orthodox medicine.
Benefits of Polarity Therapy
- Stress reduction
- Increased vital energy
- Enhanced immunity
- Activation of the body’s self-healing system
- Restoration and maintenance of proper energy flow throughout the body
- Decrease of anxiety
- Better sleep
- Detoxification of tissue layers
- And much more